The Ontario government is funding a program to support energy efficiency improvements for homeowners. While the program is administered by Union Gas, you do not not need to be a customer, but must live in the Union Gas franchise area. (Kingston, Napanee, Gananoque, South Frontenac Twp, Loyalist Twp, Stone Mills Twp, Frontenac Islands Twp, and portions of Leeds & The Thousands Island Twp).
This program will provide rebates of up to $5,000 to homeowners who install Energy Star® rated energy efficiency upgrades, such as:
Rebate value and upgrade requirements for insulation are listed below:
- New furnace/boiler/water heater/air source heat pump.
- Added insulation & improved air sealing.
- New windows & doors
- Replacing appliances that are over 15 years old.
- $1,250.00 for adding at least R23 to 100% of basement.
- $750.00 for adding at least R12 to 100% of basement.
- $1,000.00 for adding at least R23 to 100% of crawl space wall.
- $500.00 for adding at least R10 to 100% of crawl space wall.
- $500.00 for adding at least R24 to 100% of floor above crawl space.
EXTERIOR WALL INSULATION
- $1,750.00 for adding at least R9 for 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12.
- $1,250.00 for adding at least R3.8 for 100% of building to achieve a minimum of R12.
- $500.00 for increasing attic insulation to at least R50 from R12 or less.
- $250.00 for increasing attic insulation to at least R50 from R13 to R25.
- $500.00 for increasing cathedral/flat roof insulation by at least R14.
- $150.00 to achieve 10% or more above base target.
- $100.00 to achieve base target.
To Qualify you must:
- Own a detached or semi-detached home, or a townhouse.
- Reside in the Union Gas franchise area
- Have an Energy Assessment done before & after the upgrades
- Complete at least two upgrades from two separate categories within 120 days
Homeowners must have an Energy Assessment performed by a Certified Energy Advisor, both before and after the renovations, the cost of which is included in the rebates.
Click here for full details on the insulation and other energy conservation rebates.